Ozone technology is an old and new technology that was invented by German chemists in 1840 and used in the water treatment and disinfection industry in 1856. At present, ozone has been widely used in water treatment, air purification, food processing, medical treatment, medicine, aquaculture and other fields, which has greatly promoted the development of these industries. Ozone can be prepared by using an ozone generator. The principle of ozone generation can be obtained by high-pressure discharge, corona discharge, electrochemistry, photochemistry, atomic radiation, etc. The principle is to use high-voltage electric power or chemical reaction to decompose part of oxygen in the air. Polymerization into ozone is a process of allotropic transformation of oxygen. The molecular formula of ozone is O3.
Ozone is a strong oxidant and the sterilization process is a biochemical oxidation reaction. O3 sterilization has the following three forms:
1. Ozone can oxidize and decompose the enzymes required for glucose inside the bacteria, causing the bacteria to inactivate and die.
2. Directly interact with bacteria and viruses, destroying their organelles and DNA, RNA, and destroying the metabolism of bacteria, leading to bacterial death.
3. Through the cell membrane tissue, invading the cells, acting on the outer membrane of lipoproteins and internal lipopolysaccharides, causing the bacteria to undergo permeability distortion and dissolve and die.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The main principle of ozone deodorizer
- Seven performances of ozone deodorizer
- Advantages of ozone disinfection water
- Problems with ozone disinfection water
- Comparison between ozone disinfection and conve...
- Ozone disinfection in the field of health care
- Ozone disinfection in the food industry
- Definition of ozone water purifier
- Influencing factors of ozone water purifier
- How does the household ozone machine work